Residential Solar Installation
HOW solar works
June 11, 2020
By Revco Solar
The Process of a Residential Solar Installation which shows the process of how solar energy converts to usable energy for your home!
15 WAYS TO REDUCE PLASTIC WASTE
June 02, 2020
By Revco Solar
Plastic is found everywhere these days. The use of plastic is huge and eventually gets thrown into water bodies such as beaches and the ocean which is not good. Here are 16 ways you can reduce plastic waste:
- Don’t use straws. Avoiding straws is one of the easiest things you can do to reduce plastic. Don’t ask for a straw when going out to eat, this will help a lot.
- Reusable produce bags. Instead of using plastic bags, buy some reusable bags. You will be helping the environment but you will also have some cute bags of your own while shopping that you can keep forever.
- Give up gum. Gum started off by a natural rubber called chicle, eventually scientists created synthetic rubber, which had polyethylene and polyvinyl which then began to replace the natural rubber in most gum. Not only are you chewing plastic, but has a chemical shown to cause tumors in lab rats. Giving up gum is probably the best way to go.
- Buy boxes not bottles. Cardboard can be more easily recycled and made into more products than plastic.
- Reuse containers. You can always get glass jars to store your food so that way you don’t have to use plastic containers. If you do have plastic containers, try to reuse those as well instead of throwing them away so that way you don’t have to keep re-purchasing them as well as not having to use plastic sandwich bags for your snacks.
- Reusable bottles and cups. There are many water bottles being sold and used over time. To prevent unnecessary wastes, reuse your bottled water and also bring your own cups from home. In this case, you can refill with your cups which is better than replacing your cup with another plastic cup.
- Bring your own container. When you are taking your left overs home, ask if you can use your own container to put the food in. This shouldn’t be a problem and you will be helping out a lot.
- Use matches. If you need to light anything, use matches instead of the cheap plastic lighters. If you really want a lighter, pick up a refillable metal one to help cut down on waste.
- Skip the frozen food section. Many frozen foods are packaged with plastic bags. Avoiding frozen foods, You’ll be eating fewer processed foods and avoiding the chemicals in their plastic packaging.
- Don’t use Plastic ware. Try to avoid using plastic utensils. Star bringing your own utensils from home, this way you will be saving money by not having to buy plastic utensils for lunch.
- Return reusable containers. If you buy berries, or strawberries, most of these come in reusable containers that can be brought back for later use. To help save, bring them back to refill for more fruit, or return them to the grocery store for their use.
- Use cloth diapers. Diapers are used a lot which have thousand pounds of plastic and trees that are being used for diapers. Switching to cloth diapers, you’ll not only reduce your baby’s carbon footprint, you’ll also save money.
- Don’t buy juice. Juices are usually in plastic bottles. If you make your own juice, you won’t have to use plastic and it’s also better for you because you’ll be getting more vitamins and antioxidants and less high fructose corn syrup.
- Pack a greener lunch. Try to pack a lunch without plastic bags. Start using reusable containers, you will help a lot as well as save money.
- Use reusable razors. Use a razor with replaceable blades instead of a disposable razor.
SOLAREDGE RELEASES EV CHARGING INVERTER!
June 05, 2020
By Revco Solar
SolarEdge Technologies has always been on the forefront of solar technology, by providing installers with an alternative solution to the standard micro-inverter and enhancing the technology a step further by introducing their first leap in advances with the “power optimizer” in 2010 and has continued to lead the industry in the latest Solar Electric Installation Technology. he benefits of the Solar Edge optimizer and DC inverter combination has been a winning team when combined with panels such as the LG Neon X Series or the SunPower X-Series Solar panels, as they combine the best of both worlds, a high efficient solar module with a high efficient power optimizer.
Solar Edge has done it again, with their EV Charging Inverter line which come built to start charging your electric vehicle, and save you even more on your utility bills. The major benefits are described below in more detail:
The other benefit of using the SolarEdge EV Charging Inverter (Using EV charging Boost Mode) vs a Standard EV Charger can be seen in the chart below. When using SolarEdge vs a standard EV Charger, you will notice an increased charging speed which will result in a drastically reduced charge time for your daily commute!
The SolarEdge EV Charging Inverter Product Line is the very first EV Charging capable inverter, that is ready to help reduce your utility bills when charging your Hybrid or Electric Vehicle, which is hooked up during your Residential Solar Installation. The inverter works by combining the energy from the grid with the free energy from the sun. These inverters are designed in two sizes depending upon your needs, the first is the SE-3800H which has a DC rating of up to 5,700 watts, and the SE-7600H with a DC Rating of 11,500 watts,
The EV Charging inverter is one of the many new technological advances made by SolarEdge this year. They also launched the released of their updated “StorEdge” inverter line as well using the HD wave capabilities. The new StorEdge line is capable of interfacing with the “LG Chem” batteries, and Solar Edge’s “StorEdge” DC coupled storage solution, That combination automatically provides homeowners with backup power in case of grid interruption, and allows homeowners to maximize energy independence.
More information on the StorEdge technology will be posted on our blog in the upcoming days, however if Solar Edge has posted information on the Battery Back Up systems which can be found by visiting theSolarEdge site.
Please contact us with any general questions about our Residential Solar Installations. For quick access use our contact number below or use our “Contact Us” Form to fill out a request online.
26631 Cabot Road, Suite B, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
26631 Cabot Road, Ste B
Laguna Hills, CA 92653
Need additional assistance? Please contact us:
We are open Monday to Friday, from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Have Questions? Feel free to call us at (949) 367-0740
Revco Solar Engineering, Inc. | 26631 Cabot Road, Suite B, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
(949) 367-0740 | email@example.com | License # 387219
© 2020 Revco Solar Engineering, Inc. All Rights Reserved.