The three R’s; reduce, reuse, and recycle are very important for our environment. They conserve natural resources, landfill space and energy. Many people can help save natural resources, energy, and money just by following the three R’s.
Reduce the amount of objects you tend to use.
- When printing, try to print two-sided to save paper.
- Try to buy products in bulk, this allows less packaging and is also cheaper.
- Use a dish cloth instead of paper towels that will be used more than once.
- Use electronic mail rather than mailing out papers.
Reusing objects that you use can help you save a lot of money.
- Save paper and plastic bags to be able to reuse them later.
- Sell or donate clothes, toys and furniture.
- Use reusable containers rather than plastic wrap.
- Use your own cups and plates at home rather than plastic ones.
Recycling is a process of taking used material and remanufactures and sells it as a new product.
- Consider purchasing recycled materials at work when purchasing material for office supply, office equipment or manufacturing.
- Start collecting cans and bottles at home or in your neighborhood so that you can recycle.
- Buy products made from recycled material. Look for the recycling symbol or ask store managers or salesmen.
Reduce reuse, and recycle to help build a better community!