Ever wondered how you can live a greener life? Not only will it benefit you but it will help everyone live in a better, healthier environment.
- Instead of driving to your destination, consider maybe walking or riding your bike if it’s not too far. This will help save gas as well as give you your workout for the day.
- Try to combine your errands, instead of making multiple trips get everything done with one trip.
- Love fast food? Going through the drive through may seem the fastest thing to do, but parking and getting out is the best thing to do in order to save gas.
- Take reusable bags to the grocery store, the mall, anywhere you shop.
- Try to buy what you really need not what you really want.
- Consider buying used items, it can still be very fashionable and definitely affordable.
- As soon as you are leaving a room, make sure you turn off all the lights that you will not be using anymore.
- Unplug small appliances when not in use.
- Make sure you close your blinds to keep your house cool during the summer.
- Recycle anything you can!
- Invest in some glass or stainless steel food storage containers and reduce the amount of disposable plastic containers and foil/saran-wrap that you use.
- Stop buying water. This may sound weird, but buying your own bottle container can help you save a lot more.
After reading the changes that you could be making, it definitely can be an eye opener to many. As you read above, there can be many changes as you travel, shop, at home, and your food preparation that can be changed for a better and healthy living. A green living results in a healthy living!